10:10-10:15 The reading of a letter from the President of the Republic of Poland,
Andrzej Duda to the Guests of “European Executive Forum”
10:15-10:45 Opening Speech of the Special Guest: Chris Lowney – Economist and writer, former Jesuit and managing director of J.P. Morgan
10:45-12:00 Plenary Session: „EUROPEAN ECONOMIC DREAM?”
„Who cannot look far away, will have trouble near” – Confucius
- Excessive indebtedness of European economies. Would Europe survive another crisis?
- What will the excess of global financial systems and economic growth at any cost lead to?
- Governments as players in national capitalism system. Is it a disruption for economic management rationality in Europe?
- What can Europe offer to the world? Chances in the race against economic powers worldwide – what should be developed,and what should be ceased?
Discussion host: Marek Tejchman – Vice-editor in chief of “Dziennik Gazeta Prawna” (“Daily Law Journal”)
- Aleksander Kwaśniewski – President of the Republic of Poland 1995-2005
- Paddy Miller – Professor, IESE Business School, Barcelona
- Prof. Witold Orłowski – Rector of Vistula University, PwC Chief Economic Adviser in Poland
- Juan de Porras Aguirre – Board Member at Bank Zachodni WBK S.A., Head of Global Corporate Banking
- Prof. Tomasz Szapiro – Rector, Warsaw School of Economics
13:00-13:30 Speech – Prof. Paddy Miller – Professor, IESE Business School, Barcelona
13:30-14:45 Session II: DIGITAL REVOLUTION
„It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity” – Albert Einstein?
- Technology – a destroyer of existing economical and social order. Can breakthrough solutions convulse markets and will the „barons of innovation” rule the world?
- New revolution – gigantic outburst of data. Does the future leadership mean perfection in data management?
- Customer experience in the digital era – how to effectively communicate in a world, with rapid outburst of information?
- Will leadership in the digital era change the management structures to be more flat, without redundant bureaucracy and hierarchical ladder?
Discussion host: Wawrzyniec Smoczyński – Managing Director of Polityka Insight
- Sylwia Bilska – Commercial Director at PayU for Poland and Central Europe, PayU Board Member
- Tomasz Czechowicz – Founder and Group Managing Partner, MCI Capital
- Agnieszka Hryniewicz-Bieniek – Country Director, Google Poland
- Maciej Nuckowski – GDO Services and Operations Director, Xerox Global Document Outsourcing
- Jacek Socha – Vice Chairman, PwC in Poland
14:45-15:15 Coffee break
15:15-16:30 Session III: „ETHIC PAYS” – VALUE-BASED LEADERSHIP
„Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law” – Immanuel Kant
- Does virtue make money for itself? Why do narrow economic criteria fail in the view of difficult decisions?
- What does the pragmatic business ethics mean? Where are the boundaries of moral compromise?
- Value-based leadership – the only durable form of building companies, which can endure even in difficult times?
- Why are leaders particularly required nowadays to have Moral Quotient (MQ)?
Discussion host: Wojciech Surmacz – Editor in Chief of Gazeta Bankowa
- Rafał Gołębiewski – General Director, Elavon Poland
- Chris Lowney – Economist and writer, former managing director of JP Morgan
- Piotr Mirosław – CEO and Managing Director Lyreco Polska S.A.
- PhD. Bolesław Rok – Associate Professor, Business Ethics Centre, Kozminski University
- Arkadiusz Wójcik – Head of IM (IT & Mobile), Samsung Electronics Poland
19:00 Networking with Polish Vodka Association
19:30 European Leadership Gala:
- Banquet and concert of „Just like Jazz” band
10.00-10.30 Speech – Prof. Patrick Barwise – Emeritus Professor of Marketing and Management at London Business School
10:30-11:45 Session I: DRIVE FOR INNOVATION – TOWARDS A COMPETITIVE EUROPE
„Innovation is the specific instrument of entrepreneurship…the act that endows resources with a new capacity to create wealth.” – Peter Drucker
- Innovation – just a word? Why isn’t Europe an innovation leader? What areas should we invest in?
- To be a capitalist in innovative economy – financing innovations in Europe, USA and Asia
- Industry of knowledge – effective academic education of leaders of European economies
- Are enterpreneurship and innovation main factors deciding about competitive advantage?
Discussion host: Andrew Wrobel – Editor in Chief, Emerging Europe
- Jean-André Barbosa – Director for the Central Eastern Europe, AREVA
- Patrick Barwise – Emeritus professor of management and marketing at London Business School
- Piotr Kasak – Central Eastern Europe TGB Cluster Leader, Oracle Poland
- Dr Adam Czyżewski – Expert/Chief Economist, PKN Olen
- Tomasz Piec – Member of the Board, Synthos S.A.
12:30-13:00 “Smart Power Leadership” Prof. Rafał Ohme – Founder of NEUROHM and INEMO
13:00-14:15 Session II: RESHAPING YOUR BUSINESS VIA INNOVATIONS
„Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower” – Steve Jobs
- System of innovating organizational structures on the example of European companies
- The role of leadership in creating innovation. The leader as a catalyst for change in the company
- The impact of innovation on competitiveness. Who manages to win the race for customers and markets?
- Innovations in the organization – what are the obstacles? Identification of unfavorable factors
Discussion host: Magdalena Dziewguć – Head of Google for Work
- Francois Colombie – Chairman Chairman Auchan Poland and Ukraine
- dr n. med. Dorota Hryniewiecka-Firlej – Country Manager and Global Innovative Pharma Business Poland Lead in Pfizer
- Rafał Federowicz – Director of Platforms and Technology Department, T-mobile
- Andreas Klugescheid – Head of Steering Government and External Affairs, Sustainability Communications, BMW Group
- Michał Skowronek – Head of Market Development for CEE at MasterCard Europe
14:15-14:45 Coffee break
14:45-16:00 Summary Session: LEADERSHIP MYSTIQUE – ENTERPRENEURS AND VISIONARIES OF OUR TIMES
„You see things; and you say „Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say, „Why not?” – George Bernard Shaw
- How do visionaries create organizations beating competition, market changes, generation changes and technology revolutions?
- How to build innovative culture and find a team to effectively launch and implement the maddest ideas and visions?
- Why do so few Poles have the winner instinct? Does Polish culture block go-aheadness?
- Do corporations help entrepreneurship develop? Or is it a condition sine qua non for its further progress?
Discussion host: Wiktor Pilarczyk – Chief Commercial Officer, Polska Press Group
- Rafał Chwast – CFO, Member of the Board , Nowy Styl Group
- Przemysław Kurczewski – President of the Board, EmiTel
- Krzysztof Pawiński – Co-founder and co-owner, Maspex Wadowice Group
- Piotr Płoszajski – Warsaw School of Economics
- Marek Włodarczyk – Member of the Management Board, URSUS S.A.
16:00-18:00 Executive Banquet & Networking
Richard Stephens – Founder & Editor in Chief of Poland Today